Skip to main content

Malmgård Huvila Oak Porter


Interesting beer, even before opening. Malmgård is one of my favorites in Finland and I love their Blond Ale.

Aroma. Wtf, I scent a hint of whiskey. Oh well, it must be oak. This is oak aged. X-Porter, last year, was good, I think. Well, read for yourself.

Head looks nice. Its creamy. But then it sadly goes away. But fuck it, this is a beer, let's taste it!

Creamy, porterlike, of course a bit roasted malts and maybe some nuts - or am I going nuts.

Well, there is not that a bit watery feeling anymore, as was in (too cold) Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter that I reviewed earlier. Nice and very drinkable porter. This is like a beer you like to drink :) It does not taste like metal, cardboard, water or any such shit, this tastes of slightly roasted malts with oaky backkick.

Drinkability is actually very important in beer loving. Alcoholics prefer the cheapest alcohol-based stuff and beer/wine/whisky/whatthefuckever snobs are at the other end. Beer enthusiasts are in the middle, because they don't spit in any beer THAT IS MADE WITH LOVE. I had to add that last in caps, because big fucking huge beer industry spits in our pints all the time by making more and more stupifying piss.

Malmgård is one of the crown jewels of Finnish craftbeer movement. Respect!

**** Great

Comments