Skip to main content

Interlude: BrewDog Bitch

Another interlude. Should I name this Jimbo's Interlude Beerblog instead? Well, I can't be drinking all the time, as you faithful readers and viewers might know. It's good though, it's nice to enjoy beers when I can, and be without alcohol the rest. Still, I fucking love (good) beer.

I've been talking about BrewDog lately, because it's one of the coolest breweries out there, but also because I made an order from them, which I have presented to you in full scale report. Now I happened to visit their page today and saw a short blog-style marketing speech of the guys and shit, I must admit, I just had to get a few of their beers they presented - mainly American Guest beers this time, as they sell them too. Guys - and by guys I mean the founders of BrewDog James and Martin - say, the Guest beers are the favorites handpicked by them. This is the blog, I'm talking about.

So, James had this to say about AleSmith Speedway Stout, which is a highly respected beer (in RateBeer it was number 9 of the all beers of the world in their Best 2012 -list), and I had thought of buying that in the first round (look at my earlier interlude -posts), so fuck me, when James started to praise it:

James: Speedway Stout is my all time favourite beer, I make it a personal mission to make sure it goes out of stock as quickly as it comes into BrewDog Aberdeen. In terms of an imperial stout it is as perfect as you can possibly get, and then even better. I love this beer more than life itself.

I'm so easy, when it comes to praises. And that came from the prez of BrewDog. So I'm a BrewDog Bitch and went to fucking order again...

And you know, if you have read the first order -story, that the mailing costs for up to 25 bottles are 25 pounds, so I had to buy lots more...

I even bought the other fucking expensive bottle of AleSmith Horny Devil, of which Martin said:

This Belgian style strong ale is esquisite and three times better than delirium tremens.

Those two AleSmiths are fucking expensive. They are of course in 750ml bottle, so they are not any mass product, I guess, and I think they might be nice (once in a lifetime) experiences for me as a beer enthusiast...

So, there you go. I'm officially nuts. And bitch. And poor, by the look of it. Or rich :) Yes, I'm rich, because I threw all my hard earned money to Scottish boys so that I could get into beer heaven :D

Well, I just have to now stand still. There are also new craftbrewery stuff in Alko this week, but...

I must say, to my defence, that I rarely ever go anywhere, I mean travel. Beers are my traveling partners thoughout the world. I even bought my first ever Italian brew, very interesting  Birra Del Borgo - Old Antonia which is Imperial IPA Aged in Domaine Dupont calvados for over a year. Nice and weird. I know one dude who always praises his calvados in yule time. Maybe after that beer I can understand him better :)

PS. Here's some real Rich Bitch style for you all (not beer related) :)

Comments