Skip to main content

De Molen Tsarina Esra

Almost no-sounding bottle open, so there is not a lot carbon dioxide. Almost non-existing head follows the pour to glass, but yet again recently, this is quite cold at first (my cellar...).

Visibly almost like black oil. Aroma is a bit roasted, but still sweet – in label they say, that this could be drinked in 25 years time so the sweetness might actually quite high for bottle-fermentation...maybe if kept in good conditions, but I doubt it, as normal beer crowns are not reliable.

Very, very thick sensation in mouth, when I taste it. So smooth and full of oiliness. This has unique mouthfeel because of that thickness, I don't recall having beers with this kind of mouthfeel for a while. Maybe the thickness can be explained by all the stuff that even the label lists: pils malts, munich malts, chocolate malts, wheat malts and and cara malts with premiant and sladek hops.

Very mild in flavors, kind of easy drinkable (or maybe too cold at first). Warming sensation follows. Nice, very nice beer.

Maybe I have to drop this from being great because though this is very good, this lacks some last touch (which maybe called "balance" too). Maybe this actually needs that ageing I'm not so familiar with (because I tend to drink my beers sooner or later, not store them) to become great beer.

*** OK

Comments