Skip to main content

Horn Dog Flying Dog Barley Wine

Horn Dog Flying Dog Barley Wine
10,2% alc, 335 ml, IBU 45
Best before: 08.01.2014 (is this the American date or European?)

Having this dirty brown looking – but with nice looking head – American Barley Wine with dinner. Head is not too longlasting, but still ok.

My beer cellar is producing too cold to drink beers, so aromas are a bit off, at first at least. I sense some nutty stuff.

Taste is quite mild at first. Maybe the coldness disturbs. Also, I'm not having non-tasting food, but with mexican spices, so this beer actually tastes like refreshing and mild. Maybe it is, I don't know :)

This is not very bitter, and there is sweetness with some kind of a portwine feel, but not too much sweetness either. Aroma gets better and better, when beer gets a bit warmer. I sense...some nice flavors from malts, I guess.

Very drinkable stuff! Some bitterness comes forward after beer gets warmer, but everything is still nice and easy. This is a beer with good balance. There is nothing too much, but still there are different aromas and tastes that come forward almost with every sip, if you are patient

...and the final notes: Nice, wonderful bitterness starts to unfold itself, uuh, fucking nice. I don't have anything bad to say about this beer AND it is very, very good.

**** Great

Comments