Skip to main content

Beer Hunter's Mufloni Saison de Randonneur Kataja Edition

Mufloni

Saison. 6,0%. 750ml. Best before: 24.1.2014
Barley malt (Pilsner and münchner), wheat, oats, hops (Tettnanger, Celeia and Chinook), juniper berries (katajanmarja), yeast, water. 

Clear looking, golden saison. Head is foamy, not very lasting. Aroma is very yeasty - the Belgian way. Taste is very Belgique too. A bit lame for me though...but I'm not a Belg-beer fan so I'm not in a right customer segment or whatever :)

This is still very bold craftsmanship. A Finnish small time craftbrewery makes a beer with a fucking long name, with absolutely noticeable Belgique twist and the bottle is 750ml Italian with a real cork cap. Heads up, hands down, Beer Hunter's are go!

Belgian yeastiness dances in my mouth. You know what it feels like, you Belg-beer fans. This is a treat for you! And others, check out Stadin American Saison for some hoppier saison.

*** OK

PS. In the dying stages of the big bottle I'm beginning to understand Belg-beer fans. But still, I have to stick to my "rating", as this is not great for me personally, but I respect the effort immensely.   

Comments