Skip to main content

Oppigårds Golden Summer Ale


There are not many Swedish beers I can name, that I have liked and only one, that I loved, years ago. It was some old barrel-aged black beer in a very beautiful bottle with a unique bottle opener hanging over its crown. It was absolutely fabulous beer, indeed. This however, was a one time stand and a beer to be thrown on your face by accident. I was in Finnish alcohol monopoly store Alko, when I accidentally got into section of ”summer beers” (or maybe even some odd garden-beers...) around the globe. The etiquette did not promose much. It was too Swedish and ”summer-like”. I did not have any high expectations about this one...

Sweden is certainly an important part of Finnish history as well, but also a thing to be mocked in Finland. Beloved – and hated – neighbours. This beer has so lame etiquette, that it would surely be regarded as something shitty from our beloved neighbours.

I have drank many, many beers, that I have no time to review. This, however, was so good ale, with some bitterish taste, that I have to give this special notice. Very flowery taste in this very, very good beer. Me likes!

**** Great

Comments