Skip to main content

Nektar


This is Bosnian beer and I was very excited when I first introduced this to my beloved friend - who is a Bosnian guy. Well, he was not overly excited. He thought that the beer had a similar kind of taste of Bosnian beers like Sarajevsko Pivo (which I had as a souvenir from him - not actually very special beer - though my friend's souvernir from his next trip, a bottle of Sarajevsko Premium was a really good lager) or Tuzlansko Pivo. There is a slight discomfort though, because Banjalucka - where this beer is brewed - is a Serb territory of Bosnia and the recent history between serbs and bosniaks is not a very nice thing to remember. I, however, am not judging anyone by their origin, race or colour, so I just drink this as a beer.

This is a very flowery lager, due to used hops I think, but other than hops, it is quite easy drinkable and - sorry to say - forgettable also. Lager, easy drinkable and forgettable are not the words to say of a great beer, but perhaps an ok beer at best, but still just drinkable.

I surely hope, that someday I will be sitting in some Sarajevo-bar drinking some Sarajevsko Premium - or maybe just Pivo :D - and celebrating the fact, that Bosnia came through and survived a terrible, horrible war in the 1990's. And of course we should then be celebrating our friendship and the fact, that there are good people - and excellent beer - in all over the world!

Zivjeli! Nazdravlje!

** Drinkable

Comments

  1. I got one bottle of Nektar from the nearby grocery store today. Yeah, it's not bad, but it's nothing special either. Although my taste buds may have been corrupted by the couple of cans of Pirkka beer I enjoyed before this one.

    BTW, could you add some kind of a top N ranking of beers, i.e. arrange the beers you review in order in a list, or a chart, or sumt'n? That way, a commoner such as myself could easily find out which ones were excellent, and which ones less so... you review so many beers that I find it hard to keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, man! You checked those girls, didn´t ya? And bought this them in mind :D

    But yeah, I have actually thought of making some kind of index of these reviews. But now I'm so full of great food and some beer, I just say: If I think beer is *** OK, then it has something, the brewers have done something right. **** Greats are the ones, that have something special. And ***** Ab Fabs have some unique meaning for me - and are great in they own way.

    But hey, you know, that you could still hate some of my greats, so just try, what you feel are right for you :)

    Now I'm going to sauna and have an Anchor Steam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, yeah, I noticed the bunch of chicks, and immediately thought "which bar in Kajaani is this now"... But as you notice, they are drinking their Nektars through straws, a major faux pas for beer connoisseuriasts, I believe... so no wife material for you either, single man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment