Skip to main content

Mythos


Greece is a country of great history. It is also nowadays in a notoriously bad financial shape. But I don't care about economics nor politics, they are not life. Beer is life, and food. I love Greek feta cheese but if you wanna have extra special wonderful cheese, buy halloumi, which originates from Cyprus. I have visited the divided island once, when I was a child. Don't remember much though, it was warm and stuff like that :)

Now I'm gonna eat some roasted halloumi with chili and drink my first ever Greek beer. And this seems to be golden lager, which is no surprise. Taste is nothing special. Something unfamiliar in first zip, then no aftertaste for a while, but at last something in my throat, hops I think. Another zip. Well, not bad. I could easily drink this lager a lot while watching mediterranean in front of me. Someday I will return to Greece.

** Drinkable stuff
*** OK with halloumi

Comments

  1. While in San Francisco (referring to my earlier comment on Anchor Steam here), on the first night, we went to Greek restaurant, sort of, I believe. We had just arrived from the airport, dead hungry and tired, and desperately needed to have some food and beers. The pizza was not good. We had some Mythos beer with the pizza, and it was not spectacular either. I learned about Anchor Steam the next night, and haven't looked towards Mythos since. Instantly forgettable, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, first I have to say thanks for commenting :) And secondly thank you for you insight and comparison of beers - it's always a good thing. Mythos really wasn't anything special, but with halloumi cheese it was still good (like in Chinese restaurant, I always enjoy my Tsingtao :D). Maybe it was just drinkable stuff in my reviewing scale too, so I made a slight change in it - come blogging and see ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment