Skip to main content

Kozel Premium


I love Czech lager, as you might already know. Kozel makes no exception. It's very flowery with its hops, very easily drinkable, nothing special, but still something to enjoy. I don't know, why they sell dark Kozel in my neighbouring little grocery, but I hate it. Its sugary shit. This, however, is not. This is not like Urquell at all, but still noticeably Czech. Should I say something more about Czech? Well, it is a country I wish to visit someday, as you loyal readers (if there is any :D) might know, and they play good football and very good ice hockey. Still, I admire the most their artists like Vaclav Havel, as a writer but more so a long-term president, and Milan Kundera, a well-known writer, who we all know, or should know, from his "The Unbearable Lightness of Being".

It is of course an important detail, that the country was originally known as Bohemia and bohemian ways are close to my heart. Then there are those two Czech guys, who played hockey in my home town Kajaani in early 1990's, Svatopluk Hermann and Vladimir Kolek. They were the coolest guys on earth. Kolek once picked puck in his back, skated all the way from Hokki's side to opponent's goal, took puck from his back and shot. Of course it wasn't allowed, but the crowd, including me, were laughing our guts out, with the absurdity of that what we had just seen, and to the dick referee, who did not know where the hell puck was for about ten seconds and everything. Oh, those were the days. And now my Kozel is done, spanks.

*** OK

Comments