Skip to main content

Anchor Porter


American beer is not familiar to me, as I rarely have them, nor they are often sold in Finnish groceries or bars. Anchor beers are one of those few American brands, that are sold and they are a product of sunny California.

This one is interesting: Californian porter beer. Black, of course, because porters are made of roasted malted barley. Head is also dark brown and quite impressive. Taste is very strong with all kinds of roasted flavour.

This is still not as good as our Finnish number one porter Koff Porter, which I'm reviewing soon also. Tonight its appropriate though to review this American one, because I have enjoyed watching American quality tv-miniseries Into The West.

Porters are always impressive in their way of filling the mouth with their taste, and staying, so I prefer them over many other lighter beers. This one is no exception, though it gives nothing special – as a porter I mean. Still its ok and very good after dinner warmer. And now back to watching the fascinating series...

*** OK (for a porter)

**** Great (for a beer)

Comments