Skip to main content

Kievari Schwarz


Best dark lager in the market. Period. Laitilan Wirvoitusjuomatehdas is an indie brewery and this is their best effort - and really a splendid dark lager. I used to like dark lagers, until I got bored and actually nausiated by their sweetness. Why the fuck they have to put sugar and syrup on beer?! Well, there are not any sugar and syrup in this beer; only water, roasted barley malt and hops. And this is fucking great! I have complained about the beers made by Laitilan Wirvoitusjuomatehdas, that they seem like soda to me. I'm glad, that I can now say, that this beer proves, there are real beer brewing ability and quality in this Finnish indie brewery.

This is of course a lager beer, that has to be remembered. There aren't any great notions about special hops or malts or flavour or any of that shit. This is easy drinking stuff for us all, not just for enthusiasts. This is a grocery-sold stuff, and best of Laitila's brand of beers, at least for those sold in groceries.

If you have to have a dark lager (which I do not prefer at all), then choose this, if you are in Finland and near to a grocery. There are far more better beers, but this is still good in its own class of dark lager.

*** OK

Comments