Skip to main content

To Ol Hop Love Pils



Misty orange brown pils. Seems to be infused with hops :) Smell is a bit like same as in St. Eriks Pale Ale, so Citra is used in this also I guess, but a bit less smelly. This is not Pale Ale, though, this is Pils. A bit odd one after hugely fruity St. Eriks Pale Ale, but interesting all the same. A very strongly bitter taste tingles on my tongue and in the back of my mouth. This is so bitter, that I can't say this is a very summery drinking beer for thirsty ones, but more like a beer with some food. My veggie-sausages are still uncooked, so I can't try now :P Sure, they have put loads and loads of hops in this and this definitely is a Pils for hopheads. Still, this lacks something in comparison of the earlier mentioned St. Eriks Pale Ale and it is maybe the fruitiness and all-around-drinkability that goes a bit offside here with the hop-load. A good one, but not perfect for me in this summer-extravaganza. Still, for  4,5% ABV Pils this is a masterpiece - if you are a fan of hops :D

*** OK

Recommendation: For hopheads!

Comments