Skip to main content

Malmgård Huvila Pale Ale



A very nice Finnish Indie brewery Malmgård's Bryggeri makes good all-around beers that I mostly enjoy. This was a bit disappointing, as I thought that Pale Ale is an "easy" beer to make, but this was just pale version of many other great Pale Ales. Maybe I'm gone wrong comparing this to American Pale Ale's as they are very hoppy nice beers, but actually this beer is a bit too light-bodied, easy-going and well, lacking aromas and such to become noticeable. I'm sorry, if I sound judging - this might have been a bad sample and maybe also too old to be reckoned as enjoyable anymore, as there have been many other examples from local superstore Prisma to be almost year old beers from genres, that lose their aroma in couple of months. [Actually one of my favorite beers, or maybe The Favorite, from Malmgård's is their Blond Ale has suffered from not being particularly well-sold in my tiny Northern Finnish hometown, so the bottles usually are too old and definitely not fresh, if you don't happen to have a new shipment, and I have also seen discount selling of those lovely blue labeled bottles.]
So, a bit too lame for me, this one. Bitterness only noticeable in aftertaste, very weak mouthfeel also. I'm sorry, I didn't like this a lot.
** Drinkable

Comments