Skip to main content

Stadin SavuRuisPortteri

rye bread from Finland


Smoked rye porter from Finnish capital. IMO best Finnish craftbrewery, so every new Stadin beer has expectations. This is black and smoky. I don’t like smoky beers in general. Well, certain German stuff gets my approval, but others…not my favorites, quite the opposite. So, as the scent is smoky, this has to be very good tasting to even compete for example Stadin American Pale Ale which is my current number one beer, by a mile.

Mouthfeel is very thick. Tickling stuff, carbondioxide. And VERY smoky. Maybe the used rye also tastes, giving some rough edge to the mouthfeel that was quite smooth first but even after one sip of this nectar makes my mouth so full of flavors, mainly that smoke though. Don’t get me wrong, this is very good smoke beer, if you like those. But as I’m not a fan of smoke (in any form), it lowers my judgment value.

** Drinkable for me, but quite OK otherwise, and definitely good, if you like smoked beers

Comments