Skip to main content

BrewDog Goldings




Wuhuu, Goldings East Kent hops, here we go! Part of the new BrewDog IPA Is Dead 2013 –series (should I read more BrewDog stories, as I don’t understand, how "IPA is Dead", or ever could be, because it’s fucking great – as are porter, stout, imperial stout, barley wine, golden ale and such - maybe they drowned their IPA in hop overdose and thats why it "died" :D). First some Hardcore IPA backbone, then just loads of ONE hop.

Aroma is funny. I can’t describe it better. It’s nuts. I know there is that one very distinct aroma there, but I can’t get to my mind, what the fuck it is. It’s sweet, full of flowers and maybe some berries. Just summer, all the way. Nice.

Taste bites like BrewDog’s usually do. Dry hoppy tickling on the tongue. Then the Goldings speciality – I suppose. Toffeelike sweet, but still not too sweet, just nice and good. Me likes a lot! This is my favorite of these four specimens of Single Hop experiment. It’s funny that I sometimes complain about the sweetness and English toffeelike ale shit, but at the same time I love toffee and a bit sweetness – but not ugly sweet shit, you know.

So nice beer, soooo nice. This I could drink all night, If I had enough bottles :) But of course its nice to taste different kinds of beers. Nowadays I have been blessed with APAs from Finland, but this very Englishlike, still modern hoppy IPA, is Great - for me at least. If they decide to pick one of these four in year-round production, my choice would be this.

**** Great

Comments