Skip to main content

BrewDog Cocoa Psycho


Prototype-phase pics of the three - Cocoa Psycho won the vote!


Ok, I screwed up. I had 3 bottles of this lovely beer and I thought I had already reviewed it. But fuck no, I forgot and just enjoyed this majestic “Russian Imperial Stout” in three different occasions. So, this is based on my memory, which might be a little messed up :) 

Let me tell you: Here is a gem for a beer! I could not have believed that there could be a coffee and chocolate spiced imperial stout that is so good, balanced, smooth, lovely, tasty, good, easy drinking and magnificent at the same time. Spiced beers are so many times too spiced up that they sometimes even ruin the basic malty and hoppy taste of beer. Also many imperial stouts seem to be too burned for my taste buds. This has not too much burned taste, just smoothness!

Color is black, obviously, and head looks magnificently dark. Scent is imperial-stoutlike J Taste is so great, smooth and nice, even too good in a way, that I forgot, how strong this is. There is, of course, coffee and chocolate, but neither of them ruin the balance of this perfect imperial stout. At least I think this is perfect – You can think different.

**** Great


Specs: 10% alc vol. 100 IBU's. Malts: Extra Pale Spring Blend. Hops: Centennial and Columbus. Twist: Brewed with cocoa nibs, crushed coffee beans and vanilla pods.


Comments