Skip to main content

Quickies from Jimbo's Beer Friday

Howdy ho!

After a long and satisfying week at work, friday came. I love fridays, in Friday I'm In Love. This friday I went for a supermegamarketshopping with my kid and dear friend (and ex-wife), but did not find any interesting new beers there :(  However, after transporting my 170€ groceries home, I went for a dinner with my df-ex-w and after watching some disoriented girls messing with their pizza orders in KotiPizza, decided instead to go to Rosso, a local long-term restaurant. Well, it was a much better choice, great salad, very interesting Cuginetto pizza and first beer of this friday.

Peroni lager

Light industrial lager from Italy. Fresh and pure, nice with the pizza. There were many cheeses in this Cuginetto, some blue cheese and others, very nice. Actually this beer was very good alongside the heavy cheese pizza, but otherwise nothing to tell to future grandchildren about this beer :)

** Drinkable











Brooklyn  Lager


After pizza it was time for dessert, and Kulma was our destination. Actually my df-ex-f:s choice of ice cream coffee would have been nice, but I chose an american lager. I may have reviewed this earlier, can't recall and it doesn't matter, I can review whatever I want as many times as I want in my own shitty blog :)

So, very nice American scent, of course, so I sniffed my beer a lot. Taste then, nice and hoppy. Nothing extraordinary, but for a lager one of the best in the market, maybe in top three alongside Samuel Adams Boston Lager and Stadin Lager.

*** OK



Nokian Keisari 66 American Pale Ale

 
This I have waited! New Finnish indie beer and after searching this in one megamarket, I finally found this in CityMarket, yeah. Seven 0,5l cans to shopping bags and 3km of walking in dog shit gauntlet that those Kajaani streets are in springtime when snow starts to melt. Here's my video review of the shit and apologies in advance of two things: 1) I pronounce IPA and APA like we Finnish do, not the American/English as it should be (e.g. not "ai pii ei" but "ee-pa") and 2) I didn't check any specs so I don't know the malts or yeast or especially the hops, that make the APA what it essentially is (those hops are: Cascade, Columbus and Tradition).

Video review pt. 1
Video review pt. 2

*** OK 

Comments