Skip to main content

Gouden Carolus Easter



So, easter bunny, a crusader and some flying church bells. This is a Belgian 750ml treat for dudes and dudettes celebrating spring-time equanox, that some call easter. 10,5% vol alc, some dark brown or dirty copper brown or even slightly amber in some light, with a nice creamy head.

I'm sorry, I'm in no condition to review anything. I have a flu. I don't sense any aroma in this beer, whatsoever. It might be too cold too, which is my basic flaw in almost every review. I just go to my cellar, get a bottle, have some food and open the bottle which is propably between 5-10 degrees celsius, maybe even less.

Taste might be affected by the flu too, because I sense, errmm, just a hint of Belgian strong ale. This is quite easy drinking for me in this state, but almost non-existent in aroma and taste. At least aftertaste gives something...some spicyness, maybe some warming alcohol, maltiness. But is this really this tasteless?

Can't be. I blame my condition. Still, I kinda like this. This is easy drinking and definitely not bad. But for a nice evening treat I would pick something, that would blow my senses no matter the health conditions :)

Must say OK, though, because this is obviously no ordinary shit. Or maybe it is, and just bottled fancy way :D

*** OK

Comments