Skip to main content

Master Tmavy



Czech dark strong lager. So, it's dark and malty. Almost all dark Czech lagers I recollect, have been sweet, too sweet for my current ”sophisticated” (ie. Too drunk to fuck) beer taste (fucking snob...)

But, as this is made by Pivovar Velké Popovice, it is not far fetched to think that this might also be ”another dark velke”. I'm not saying dark velke is bad, but...it's just not my cup of beer.

This is not too sweet. This at first seems to be a bit metallic. Also the aroma is ”only malty”, which does not give a lot of hops or such, so I thought the taste would be a basic dark lagerish, but not at all. There is some sharp sense in my mouth...it must be because of carbon dioxide, but hell, I actually like this beer! There are roasted malts and very good drinkability factor. Everything is in balance, nothing actually disturbs me, this is not shite at all.

Very good in its own category of dark lagers, possibly the best in the world.

*** OK

Comments