Skip to main content

Old Tom


Black ale. A Cat. Nice little bottle. 8,5% vol alc. Head promises nothing - just like Fuller's Ales. Aroma is nice. I tried to sniff it through, but fuck, I'm useless in these smelling tests. So I just say, it smelled nicely beerish :)

First bite has all kinds of flavor. There is strong bitterness. Then some kind of odd sweetness comes to rule the aftertaste. Another sip and yes, there is a very strong taste when drank. I recall some of our finest (or shittiest) of home brews from many years back. It's homely then I guess? But this is actually maybe the anti-lager as it's taste is really strong at first and I presume that drinkers of bulk lager want their beer not to taste like this at first. So, props for that. I'm sorry I can't fill you with any details about the taste, because I'm so tacky mf. But yeah, this is strong, in many ways. Not so enjoyable, but a beer to be slowly appreciated (or hated).

*** OK

Comments

  1. Wow. That one looks good. Gotta try it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment