Skip to main content

Arctic Circle Ale


Malmgård's brew this here in Finland. Their E.S.B. is maybe the best ale there is. But this is something else. There is juniper and rye used here, so this could be very nice.

This seems to be like dark lager when poured to glass as head disappears fast. It does not smell anything - also very lagerish effect. There is 7,3% vol alcohol, so this is no children's drink, but still, where is the flavor? Where are the smells? Where are the tastes? Maybe I'm just drunk and my nostrils have gone shut. I don't know, this ought to be a good beer and maybe I need another bottle sometimes, because this one left me disappointed.

After some drinking the beer got better - but the first contact was so lame, that I must say this is only drinkable stuff.

** Drinkable

Comments

  1. What? No new reviews for nearly 3 weeks? Have you gone mad or absolutist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now that you, my dear reader, have read all the old ones, I might just post a couple of new reviews too ;)

    My madness maybe also called love, but I don't know :)

    Absolutist? No fucking way. I'm against one-eyed thinking, phohibiting something categorically just for the cause or anything like that. I could stop drinking frequently (for some critical health issues or stuff), but beer now and then is not that bad - just the opposite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment