Skip to main content

Goose Island India Pale Ale


Yesterday at work it was a silent friday. A friend started to play The Godfather - Five Families online-strategy game (https://www.kabam.com/the-godfather) and I followed. The game is fucking highly addictive, even more than beer :) That came to mind as I'm having beer made in Chicago, though the forementioned game is placed in New York.

Today I watched a very magnifique document about a Frenchman, who in the seventies made a secret invasion to now-ex-WTC-towers. He succeeded to tightrope walk between the towers in a 60m wire 450m above the earth for 45 mins. But New York aside, there is a beer from Chicago here!

Golden ale pours to glass with great aromas flowing in the air. Head looks nice and foamy. Taste is great in firstbite. There are aromas I don't recall having in my recent beer tastings. I'm sorry I cannot say, what the actual tastes are, but this beer sure tastes wonderful. I think the most of the taste comes from the hops. There might be some Czech hops here, because suddenly I remembered Urquell and its bitterness. It's always nice when your mind starts wandering when drinking great beer. This has to be one of the best of India Pale Ale beers I have tasted. Alcohol level is 5,9% vol.

Hops are really spicy and there is a slight bitterness - this is a nice surprise. I'm nowadays watching the tv-series Boardwalk Empire about a time of prohibition in America, where Chicago plays its part too with the thugs like Al Capone doing his mad ventures. This is not a mad venture - this is quality beer.

*** OK for a beer
**** Great for an IPA

Comments