Skip to main content

"U Fleku dark housebeer"


I had to put that on quotation marks, because I have no idea, what that lovely, slightly dark nectar of the beer gods was, which I had a great pleasure enjoying on my trip to Prague. It is sad to say, that it was all the way back in 1992 and since I have longed for a re-run. But you know, life goes as it goes.

After that trip, which I made with my dad (as a gift of being graduated), I have mainly lived my life either with no money or living too far (ie. not direct flights but an expensive flight after another) or as a student (drinking all my money far far away from Prague), and other time consuming shit like too young girlfriends or otherwise needy women, who are as poor as me to travel to Prague or anywhere, and finally working (but never still getting enough money for else but to start doing those things that people usually do - paying your student loans and taking another loans to buy a house and a car and so on) and ultimately becoming a father to four little children, of whom I nowadays live with three as a single-parent.

But, you also know, that there is really no excuse for making your dreams come true. However, maybe drinking that splendid beer in Prague's famous brewery-restaurant is a fullfilled dream after all, and isn't it true also, that nothing that shakes your world, feels actually the same twice? I still think I must go to U Fleku some time in the future (and also go through my other to-dos before I die: Spurs-match in London, Guinness in Dublin and sightseeing in Toronto after footsteps of Rush). I can't recall the taste, but I tell you - it was better than drinking mother's milk (which was quite bad actually, at least as an adult after tasting some of that before giving it to baby in a bottle...)

***** Absolutely fabulous


Comments