Skip to main content

A. Le Coq Gold


"Lager, lager, lager, shouting, lager, lager, lager!" I guess that was some kind of anthem in those early days of my beer loving career. However, this estonian lager has nothing to do with those times. It just happens to be lager.

As it is called "Gold", it surely is golden-like. Odour (I think that is much funnier word than "smell") is very mild, almost non-existent. When poured in a good beer glass, the head is very thin. Taste is kind of bitter, metally, industrial lager-like. Carbon-dioxide tickles the tongue.

I'm sure I write full of horseshite, as I'm not a literary genius in any language, not even my own. However, this tastes like bulk lagers usually taste, if you know what I mean. It sort of goes with the flow (if you are drinking already), but this is no "let's taste this wonderful piece of beer-craftsmanship, masterpiece of brewing", rather the opposite. But I have tasted and drank much worse beers - this just doesn't give me anything special.

There isn't even a story about this. This was bought from the little grocery store just few hundred meters away my home. It was sold in can that is golden (in color) - obviously. It is made by Finnish brewery Olvi, even though it is sold as this estonian brewerys beer. Maybe it's made in estonia, maybe not. Olvi owns A. Le Coq -breweries (100%). But who cares, anyway, as it is golden and more exotic-like than those cans of Finnish lager.

Aftertaste is like I have just drank a lager - and I want another, so it's an ok beer, I reckon. Cheers!

** drinkable stuff

PS. That picture/ad is not actually for this Gold but for the Premium, but it was more interesting and I only noticed my failure after inserting the pic...of which I have no rights as I have no rights to any pictures here, but I hope I haven't done any big crime, 'cause I just love my beers and want to write about them and maybe have other people drinking them too, so I'm actually endorsing everyone to have beer and want just to brighten my reviews with approriate pictures, that usually are for commercial purposes, though my blog is just non-profitable hobby-talk.

Comments