Skip to main content

Kievari Portteri


After I had enjoyed my Chimay Blue, I went and washed my beer glass with hot water. It's a way to do it - not with any washing fairy liquid. So, I then went to my cellar to get just another beer before it's time to go to bed. I'm silly, I know. It's a working day tomorrow, so I should have gone to bed after - or even before - Chimay :) But hey, it's sinday, after all!

This Finnish "independent" brewery (Laitilan Wirvoitusjuomatehdas) started as an alternative small soda factory, making beverages with vintage style. This beer has quite nice, old fashioned etiquette, which shows men carrying barrels (of beer, I guess). So this is a porter kind of beer all right and alcohol raises up to 6,5 % vol. Colour is black of course, but sadly head goes away quite quickly and the taste is not so rich, as one (enthusiast) might want it to be. This is still different from those Finnish bulk lagers and I always want to endorse these fine smaller breweries over bigger ones - or at least in general.

Actually there are not very much great beers, that these "indies" do - they are generally just ok. This is ok too, but the taste for a porter...hmm, quite watery. There is one porter from big Finnish brewery that is and has been a recognized as a rich and tasteful porter for the enthusiasts (like late Michael Jackson - and if you are not beer enthusiast, please don't mix him up with late Michael "moonwalk" Jackson) - Koff Porter. This is however another story, another beer. Every beer deserves a story - that I promised, when I started this blog just a week ago. Stories might not be that good, but at least I write something and drink my beers :)

This beer was actually photographed (or picture-linked) by my old friend in his Facebook wall this weekend. He had it after going to sauna. This is actually so easy drinkable and basic stuff, that this could be marketed as a "different kind of sauna beer" or marketed for those, who don't want to get pissed by drinking piss. This is quite good actually, if you are not as picky as I am :)

*** OK

Comments