Skip to main content

Teerenpeli Rento Reino



Oh yeah, or not. This is a rye based beer. Rye is my favorite grain, but only when used in bread and Finnish style very sour and salty and dry, because there are other rye bread styles, like sweet Swedish style and more moist German style rye bread. I like it dry and definitely without any fucking syrup or sweetness at all. Only sweetness there is in the real Finnish rye bread, comes by slowly chewing the bread in mouth. Only then sourness, saltiness and grains’ true essence appears. 

This, however, is a sad presentation of Finnish rye tradition. Too sweet, too fucking sweet. I’m a bit sad for Teerenpeli brewery, because I nowadays tend to dislike their every other beer. Still I buy them more gladly than shit from Olvi or Hartwall – Sinebrychoff is the only soft point of my evergrowing despisal of Finnish brewery giants. 

** Drinkable

Comments