Skip to main content

Sinebrychoff Karhu Tuplahumala



So, Karhu is the number one beer here in Finland – in sales, I mean. Karhu Ruis was a nice addition to Karhu beer family and I even reviewed it praisingly at first, as I did not know any better :) 

There are, still, so many better beers that giving a “great” review to something that basic industrial lager shit is a bit too much. Still, I liked it then and have been drinking it once in a while – if nothing else interesting is available in my nearest grocery store, and there usually isn’t. 

So, today I thought, I’d try another Karhu beer with a boost of two hops: some added Saazer and Golding here (thus the name “tuplahumala = doublehop). Well, maybe there is something different in this, there seems to be added sugar also, and only malted barley, not usual barley starch shit. Scent has nothing, head goes away soon, beer is clear looking lagerlike. Taste is a bit watery industrial lager. Not very good.

** Drinkable

Comments