Skip to main content

Laitilan Kievari Savuruis


Well, I'm not done yet with that smoky shit (read earlier Urbock-story), but now we come back to Finland. This is a beer of "pee soup brewery", that makes soft drinks and occasionally also some ok beers. This seems promising, cause it has my favorite grain in it: rye. But, it is also alarming to have that "smoke" in it - though I liked the actual smoke beer, the-earlier-reviewed-German, it was quite fine actually.

Copper brown beer looks nice and has a quite nice head, at least at first. Aroma is not at all smoky compared to Urbocks's real shit. This is just aromatized stuff. Taste really surprises me. It is very good at first, but I'm sorry to say, that the end-taste and aftertaste are not that great. There is nice hoppiness and some smoky bitterness in the mouth, when tasted, and the aftertaste is some odd mixture of it all. This is not spicy, not at all. This is quite easy-drinking, but still very interesting. They might still be into something with this one...more sipping give more taste-varieties...

I have to thank Laitilan Wirvoitusjuomatehdas for making propably their best beer; Interesting, multi-layered, and quite tasty shit. This has nothing too much, but it should have been even more heavier and full-bodied for my taste. Still, very good effort and if this was a last beer I'd ever have, I'd give this one extra star for a surprise. It's always nice to have something extra, when you don't expect much about it.

Happy new year dudes and dudettes!

*** OK

Comments