Skip to main content

From *Jarkko* via Mikkeller to *Jimbo*


This special beer from Danish Mikkeller's comes with the special bottle (as pictured). This is a present all right, and as I'm my best beer friend also :) I had to give it to myself. I love you man! I know.

This is a very dark roasted beer. Actually it tastes like someone burned some beer, rather than brewed, but wtf, it still comes in a nice bottle. My comparison for tonight is excellent Imperial India Pale Ale from Nøgne Ø, so this is quite poor compared to that, I'm sorry to say.

This smells burned, and it tastes a hell of a lot more burned. There are some odd tastes coming through, that I cannot recall, but I can't say, that I would love this beer.

Maybe I don't even like this. It's odd, and too burned for me too. There is one porter, that has a slight resemblance to this, which is actually the king of porters: Koff Porter. But, this lacks the final touch. This is just ok, if even that. Maybe some enthusiasts love this, but I have to be honest to this one occasion: This is only drinkable for me.

** Drinkable stuff

Comments