Skip to main content

DoubleDog IPA


This American beer was recommended to me by a friend, who likes Imperial IPA. This is imperial all right :) Very tough shit, I might say, and maybe deservedly so: This is American "extreme beer" and punky in the same way as Scottish BrewDog's "Hardcore IPA". Very good beer, but quite hard on the aftertaste, if you are into refreshing yourself with the beer you are having :D

Copper brown, very full tasting, not so much smelling (though my nose is so useless in these things, I might just say, if it's smelly or not - not smelly this time :D). Very hoppy - hops are used in vast amounts with this beer, I guess. 85 EBU, so there is this bitterness, which comes very dominant in the aftertaste. And of course very warming and relaxing feeling :)

Good beer from across the Atlantic. This is so punky and full of attitude, that I have to give this an additional star - 'cause we punks love to drink punky drinks!

**** Great

Comments