Skip to main content

Pohjala Porridge Bullet

Well, this is interesting. First, I had to order this from Alko (our beloved alcohol monopol here in Finland), then wait a week to not have it, because I had not a receipt for the order, then I did have it and this Friday, after my good’ol friend wouldn’t see me in bar, I opened this bottle with peculiar hard plastic melted top. WTF! 

Well, after five minutes of hard labour (not) I finally got beer open without bloodshed. Maybe a bit too cold, but still smelling lovely, like some, erm, portwine. 

Taste is complex, but I guess it isn’t wrong to say, there is sugary, rum styled flavors, portwine feel all the way, coffee / espresso sweetened, with nice hoppy after-bitterness.

Still, this might be ugly sweet, if I weren’t so receptive: This is a night warmer, dessert beer and btw, I am a candy lover, so this is my loves combined, if you get what I mean. 

Aftertaste is bittery, I like it a lot. Lets leave it there: I like it a lot.


**** Great

Comments