Skip to main content

Pohjala Pime Öö

Another Estonian beer I ordered from our beloved alcohol monopol’s new onlinestore, as it delivers the beers thoughout Finland to this backwoods town in the middle of nowhere.

A sweet nectar with an espresso (expressly sweetened) vibe. Maybe a bit too sweet to be called “A Dark Night” for me, but I like these overthetop-sweetened ones still more than those burnedburnedburned-ones.

Actually I don’t think sweetness is necessary for imperial stout, but it might still be necessary for the full-bodied-experience and to hide its volume of alcohol. 

Nice and mildly bitter one this is, maybe some of that fine hoppy bitterness would make this better, but it matters not, this is Dark Night, so fuck it, I take and ingest and drink and swallow this as it it.


***+ OK+

Comments