Skip to main content

Olvi Jouluolut

So, it's Yule again. Or in a couple of months actually, but Finnish ”Christmas Beers” have landed in shops, so I bought few of them. This is my first one this year. I used to earlier hate Olvi beers for their ”metallic” taste, but then I realized it to be the only big Finnish brewery that is still Finnish and has its roots in middle of Finland, Iisalmi, Savo, which is about 90 kilometres away from my home town.But yeah, they still make these industrial beers, that lack real taste, unfortunately...

Scent is odd, non-existent. Taste is very odd, metallic and Olvi-like. Fuck this is bad. Head was okay for a while. This should be something like Dark Lager. Its copper brown liquid with lots of carbon dioxide. Very Finnish lager-like. Bulk with a twist, but it does not save this to be great or even good beer.

** Drinkable

Comments