Skip to main content

Ayinger Celebrator

Very nice label and cool name this beer has :)

But what the hell: After I poured this to glass, head disappeared faster than in Coca Cola?!

Scent promises some volume and slightly burned but sweet liquid.

Taste then: Well, that's the best part of this beer, but maybe a little too sharp (if that's the right term – opposed to soft, smooth and such).

The label seems to be lying – the head part. Dobbelbock, that's true. But still, wtf!

** Drinkable (first bottle)

But after a while of tasting and great aftertaste the after all judgment has to turn to OK, because this really has potential to be even a great beer (maybe my bottle just was not the best of them).

*** OK (first bottle, final judgment)

...And after a while I noticed a very nice review of this beer (written in Finnish and in poetic way) – so I got my other bottle of Celebrator and Voilá, this one has head and lots of other characteristics. So, what do we learn from this: Never judge too harsh with your first impression – though it seems to be the human way (in other, often more important judgments, too). Still, I reckon, one thing to affect the soon disappearing head is a low carbon dioxide level, which I guess, might be even ”normal”, but also that temperatures have gotten low in here, and there is not so warm in my cellar nowadays. Still, that does not explain the other bottles' non-existent head. This another one is way better. Still just a bit too sweet to be perfect or even great, but very good, still!

*** OK, definitely

Comments