Skip to main content

Malmgård Belge

My favorite Finnish brewery serves yet another great beer! This has been available for some years, just not in this part of Finland and not in Alko, the beloved Finnish monopoly to sell alcohol beverages above 4,7% vol alcohol. So, this "Belgique" 8,0% treat is now first time in my glass. Quite fresh shit, just hit the Alko's around Finland yesterday. 20 of the bottles came to my hometown of Kajaani and 4 of them are owned by me. First one now in glass.

Aroma is very yeasty and Belgique. Not very interesting though - smell of yeast reminds me of punkers' traditional Kilju and I don't miss it very much :)

Taste is very smooth, bitterlike ale with a Belgique twist (yeast). Very distinctively a Malmgård beer - you know what I mean, if you have drank or will drink Malmgård beers. And I fucking love that Malmgård taste! So, I like this a alot, but Malmgård still has better beers. This is no bad, of course not, I just say, that their Blond Ale is maybe the best Finnish beer (and with only 4,2% vol alcohol the BEST beer in the "grocery sold" beers here in Finland) and eg. their Huvila E.S.B. was spectacular also. This comes close, but if I were to buy the rest of the 16 bottles from Kajaani's Alko in Prisma, this should be spectacular. I am gonna buy this, though, if I go to Alko in nearby future and there are bottles left.

I have to add, that aftertaste is good. It's saying: Go to your beercellar and drink some more :D Maybe this still is to become a new favorite of mine :)

*** OK

Comments