Skip to main content

Mönchhof Urtypisches Schwarzbier

I might be a heretic for saying this, but let's have a go: Schwarzbier is kinda stupid and useless genre in beermaking. Its dark, very dark lager. Its main flaw is its sweetness. Okay, I like them, occasionally and in a right situation, but right now I can't think of a situation, in which I would choose Schwarz over an blond ale, ale, dark ale, brown ale, imperial ale or even a lager, if its well-hopped. Schwarz is in the same category as in pure wheat beers (also German ones...), that I don't prefer. This is ok, but only drinkable for me. I could easily name 100 beers better than this at a gunpoint - and if the gunpointer would say, that I have to claim this is the best beer in the world, I would lie like hell (because I don't want to die - for my children and such), because this is no treat.

** Drinkable

Comments