Skip to main content

Sinebrychoff Nikolai Vaalea Lager Luomu

Nikolai, back in the day of ancestors
Another Finnish organic beer for tonight. This has a foamy head – so, more than enough of that “common for industrial lagers” carbon-dioxideness I guess. Scent (I like the word “scent” better than “smell”, which is for me more a “stink”) is, well, almost non-existent. Might be because of my on-going flu, or this might not have any scent at all. Maybe a very very small hint of some flowery fruity stuff (or maybe my new IPA glass captured aroma of that earlier golden ale so hard that even hot water flushing did not lose it)?
Taste then. Well, this is basic lager, but not that bad as the worst watered cardboard-like metallic industrial bulks. Still, there is nothing here that would cause/help/suggest me to buy this again. Maybe then, if this came to my nearby small grocery store or this would be the only beer in karaoke bar, that is even mainly drinkable.
If you’ve had Finnish lagers – I mean those made by the big ones, like this one is - and you like them, you’ll probably like this too. For a beer enthusiast this is “just another light lager”. Good quality and easy drinkable, but I like to think that beer is more than just a drink…

** Drinkable

Comments