Skip to main content

Beer Hunter’s Mufloni CCCCC IPA



In Finland, Pori, they make nice beers. Scent is very piny. Is that an adjective? It reminds me of Piney from Sons of Anarchy - RIP Piney – and for the fans: Notice that fucking great tv-show SOA started it sixth season a few weeks ago!



But yeah, pine tree. And grape fruit. There are a lot of pine trees here in the backwoods of Finland. Not many grape fruit trees, though :D But Americans, they know how to grow great hops. This beer has five hops beginning with letter C: Citra, Centennial, Cascade, Chinook and Columbus. Modern IPAs are American style IPAs with an hop overdose. This is a Finnish effort to the scene and a very good one.
Taste attacks you right away. No pine trees this time, just grape fruit. Very bitter taste tingling on tongue. Nice flavors too, which are some other, sweet fruits too, but mainly that very bitter hoppy feeling. Citrus all the way.
But as I really, REALLY fell in love with Nokian Keisari 66 last summer, I must admit there is just something too much here (or then I just don’t like stronger beers with hop overdose). Maybe there is some disturbing diasetyl feel, some odd sense in aftertaste, and way too much bitterness. Maybe I’m not an IPA person anyhow.
Still, after almost shockingly one-dimensional West Coast IPA and punky as hell VASP Double IPA, this reminds me of great beers. This is very good, don’t get me wrong. But I might just be a bigger fan of APAs than IPAs. And I would choose imperial stout or some malty English bitter ale or golden Belgian ale rather than this, if I were to choose a Great beer to enjoy. I don’t know why I started to sound like a complaining bitch right now. Maybe its because I’m tired (of being drunk) but that fucking dark lager just HAD to be washed away with some real treat. So, IPA it is!
*** OK
**** Great for an IPA

Comments