Skip to main content

Anchor Brekle’s Brown


Brown Ale from California uber alles. Dead Kennedy’s anyone? :)
 

Okay, I appreciate the impact of Anchor in American and maybe even international craft brew movement’s rise, but lately I’ve not been so satisfied with their products. Fame is nothing, if the product is not prima. A bit same feeling I have with Fuller’s, though they still have their spearhead products as well as Anchor has their Liberty Ale. But you know, there are a lot of breweries there today, and many of them have such great variety of beers, that it doesn’t matter if they have done their beers for only 10 or 5 or 2 years, if they make quality all the time.
I guess brown ale in particular, is not my favorite beer style. Other non-favorites include for example industrial piss-lager, sweet dark lager and kriek. This just feels wrong. Too sweet malty shit. I sense that this has quality, but still I don’t like this very much.
** Drinkable

Comments