Skip to main content

BrewDog San Diego Scotch Ale


A nice cardboard box which has skulls and bones. Whisky cask aged with raisins soaked in Ballast Point Rum. 11,9% alc.

Reddish brown beer pours in glass. Head is nice and foamy. Scent gives some rum like scent, quite nice.

I like their speech in the box. This is the end quote, which I want to sign: "Take this world as your hostage because tonight, there´s nothing they can fucking do about it."

I'm not saying drunks rule, because I'm one of them, but great beers rule and I hope most of the people that are getting drunk, would drink best beers.

Is this one of them, though? Well, this is very weird, indeed. Very thick mouthfeel. You can taste, there are lots happening. Rum-shit, whisky-shit, beer-shit. This is full of lots of shit. Not easy shit, you know!

This tastes like not those oak chip spiced beers, but the real deal. Still, I don't know if I like this kind of barrel spicing. Beers are beer, rums are rums and whiskys are whiskys. Traditional beers are often the best, although IPAs have become the dominant beer style for beer lovers. I just love hops and hoppy beers. This is about collaborations.

This beer has some flavors I cannot say to be my favorites. I'm not a whisky or rum lover. This has both of them. This is good all right, but I have to drop this from "greats", because of them other tastes. I want beer to have have its unique flavor and taste without other strong flavors kicking the core of the beer in the nuts. This was a bit too pirate stuff for me :)

*** OK

Comments