Skip to main content

AleSmith Horny Devil Ale

pic from barleydine.wordpress.com

So, I'm going to meet a woman and she asks me, do I bring some of my good beers with me (for me, she drinks ordinary shite :D). Well, my cellar is almost empty, but I go get one. I pick this, laugh and show it to her also: I'm gonna be Horny Devil tonight :)

So, this is "Belgian-style Ale Brewed with Coriander" as the bottle tells me. Nice bottle btw, 650ml of AleSmith-style.

Aroma is actually a bit like in mead (honey wine), which is in Finland called "sima" and drank in 1st of May, which is a national holiday, a celebration of spring and working class.

Well, aroma had sima, what about the taste? It is actually very good. I'm not a big fan of Belgian-style beers as a whole, but there are exceptions like some of the best golden ales.

There is that lovely yeasty but also spicy sweetness, but all tastes are in great balance and I like mouthfeel a lot. It's in some way like a sparkling wine, but a lot better.

This is a nice drink for an evening of fun and love with your friends and sweethearts. 

**** Great

Comments