Skip to main content

Stadin American Imperial Porter



Very dark, almost black liquid with a creamy thick beige head. Liquorice, sweet burned malts in the smell. Taste kinda sweet at first, with hints of chocolate, liquorice and coffee. 

Not very hoppy at first - almost like lacking balance with hoppiness and sweetness, even a bit thin mouthfeel somehow, although beer is not very light - 9,5% alc vol. Mouthfeel not satisfying…aftertaste becomes more and more burned coffee and leaves an odd bitterness on top of the tongue – it just leaves a bit tarlike burned coffee-feeling, which I’m not so fond of. 

A bit disappointing and I liked the earlier Stadin Imperial Porter better (that was not “American”, I don't know, how hops could have done this worse for me, but maybe the increased hoppy bitterness was too much on top of the burned taste). Not bad at all, but not my favorite either.

**+ Drinkable

Comments