Skip to main content

Buckler Non-Alcoholic



Well, a beer enthusiast has his/her ups and downs, highs and lows. I guess you already know, where I’m now at and it’s not the happiest of places, beerwise. But, obviously it’s nice to experiment. As I enjoyed my steaming hot sauna just earlier, it’s nice to have some “saunakalja” as we Finns call it. Although I’m not sure, if this shit qualifies. Let’s see what we have here:

 

A Dutch light lager or “malt-beverage” with below 0,5% ABV has water, malted barley and hops. Flavor is a bit icky, just malty sweetness, not pleasant – obviously. Taste is bulky lagerlike, but aftertaste is the worst, just this sweet maltiness. But hey, this is non-alcoholic, or at least almost. Actually I bought these in the final days of my 90-day stint of not drinking any alcohol, but at time I decided to be strict as hell and not drank this lovely 0,5% “treat” :P 

 

This was so bad, that I had to drink some water and start chewing gum to just get this awful aftertaste out of my mouth. 

 

Here’s a nice and more thorough review of different kinds of non-alcoholic beers, including this Buckler: http://www.11points.com/Food-Drink/11_Non-Alcoholic_Beers,_Taste_Tested

 

* Don’t buy this shit – I rather drink water than this shit!

Comments