Skip to main content

Interlude: Jimbo's Year 2012 Review

A nice view from Plevna, Tampere, Finland
What a beer year this was for Me! I can't say anything for you, my dear readers, but I had some great beers this year. I also noticed, that some beers are not for me and I have drank too much great beers to enjoy bulk shit anymore (except maybe Pistonhead with Sons of Anarchy :D). Year of growing, year of pleasure, year of pain.

Jimbo's Top 15 beers in 2012 (not necessarily in the top of the pops order):
1) Plevna Siperia (2010)
Absolutely fabulous shit from Tampere, Finland. It took a long time to have it and the video review I made was maybe not so praising, but it was definitely one of the best beers I have ever had.
2) Stadin American Barley Wine
Best beer brewed this year. Stadin Panimo's greatest effort and absolutely fabulous stuff that I've enjoyed many times this year.
3) Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Almost as fucking great as the number one. Great Imperial Stout, yeah!
4) Red Seal Ale
One of my favorites of the year, which I have bought and drank in many occasions. Great hoppy Californian pale ale.
5) Hornbeer Caribbean Rumstout
Nice treat and a 39th birthday present from my dear friend :)
6) Mikkeller Red/White Christmas
Best of the yule beers this year.
7) Laitilan Barley Wine
Odd shit. But in a weird way great too :)
8) Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Best chocolate stout ever!
9) St. Feuillen Crand Cru
Belgian treat.
10) Prykmestar Wehnä Bock
Best wheat beer ever!
11) Black Isle Organic Goldeneye Pale Ale
Great pale ale!
12) Brooklyn American Ale
My best friend in neighbourhood pub :)
13) Mufloni IPA
Fifth Finnish beer in my list, but as good as any above!
14) Fuller's Vintage Ale 2011
Great beer from great Fuller's!
15) La Chouffe
Amazing tonttubeer!

Cheers & Kippis!


PS. I leave Fuller's Vintage Ale 2012 for the New Year's Eve, so it might get into best beer -list of 2013 :)

Comments