Skip to main content

Lapin Kulta Luomu Jouluolut


Shit, I bought yet another yule beer! And this is as bad as you can get as an enthusiast of beers: Lapin Kulta (aka Lapin Kusta - Piss of Lapland) made by Finnish giant brewery Hartwall, which makes the worst beers in Finland. Even their "special" beers are piss. But then again, I have not tasted this yet, so...also it must be noted that this was bought in tiny neigbourhood store, that does not sell that many beers, only basic lagers and bulk.

Enough jibberish, let's have a glass of bisse! Actually this looks quite nice for a lager, dark lager I might add, but the aroma is usual metallic emptiness. Taste is surprisingly not that bad, very easy drinking stuff, a hint of roasted malts and hey, this is organic beer, man! Aftertaste is not so great, but this is easily the best Hartwall beer I have tasted. Still, can I give this a full on "OK"? Well, as a seasonal product of bulk lager brewery, this is great. As a dark lager, this is quite ok. But is this a beer to be remembered and drank again and again? Well, actually yes, this is good in its own category and I would drink this rather than any other Finnish bulk lager, so props to Hartwall for doing a good seasonal product and using organic barley and malts in making it.

*** OK

PS. Publishing this at 25th of January about two weeks after actual review, but have been a lazy updater and done other things...now actually with two bottles of this good beer that I got yesterday from my neigborhood grocery store...

Comments