Skip to main content

Sambrook’s Wandle


London based brewery making a beer enthusiast debut :) Quite light brown lagerish outlook, but nice head. Only 4,2% ABV, but that’t not unusual for British ales/bitters. Scent gives nothing, that’s actually not a surpise. I hope more from taste, which is the most important part of the beer (that’s why I don’t actually prefer or even understand all the beer rating scales, because if the taste counts perfect, then wtf does the colour or scent or anything else count for??!). 
 
Taste is good. Very English. A bit bitter, very pleasant. Very drinkable. There is something here that suggests that this is a great beer. But I don’t know what. Still, a very nice first encounter. 
 I like this! Nice work! A nice, easy drinking ale/bitter from England, dudes and dudettes. This could go for beer geeks as well as the “normal folk”. A very nice ale, thank you. And because I’m a bit drunk and listening to great Finnish and Irish music, I give this English beer a Jimbo’s rating of…and if you think, that this is just because of drunkness, I must make a note, that there is a perfect balance in this beer for a bitter but pleasant ale, NOTHING disturbing, just great stuff!
**** Great

Comments