Skip to main content

Boulevard Double-Wide IPA



I feel I’ve deserved this: A late night IPA after a long and frustrating day. Nothing special happened, but everyone, me and the kids, were so edgy, that when I was putting my kids to bed, one of them, a 7-year old boy of mine, said: “This was a BAD day…” I rest my case. And drink some hopefully wonderful beer.
This double IPA from Kansas City pours amberishly brown with huge head, that stays long. Very bitter and hoppy taste in that eatable head, btw :)
Citrus and grapefruit = hops dominate. Taste is quite gentle, still, but aftertaste very dry and hoppy. There seems to be quite a lot of carbon-dioxide. Head stays and stays…bottle tells me this is 5 months old. Still good, but could have been better fresh.
Finally, did I like this? American IPA, quite nice and good and hoppy but not a masterpiece, even in its own category. Still a fine brew.
*** OK

Comments