Skip to main content

Suomenlinnan Panimo Foil Hat B Weisse



Berliner Weisse from Sea Fortress Suomenlinna and its home brewery. This is an odd one: A barley/wheat beer infused with Blackcurrant. Pours red like a berry juice or wine, and no head. Smells like blackcurrant too, but the taste is full of it. Very very sour and berrylike. I have a couple of blackcurrant bushes in my yard and it’s a very common berry for me otherwise too, as my mom has made blackcurrant juice forever. I’m not sure, if this can be called beer though…this has not the sweetness of the juice or soda, because sourness is so overwhelming. This can be recognized as a beer if you think this as an berry infused sour one, and actually, when you get used to it, it feels okay, even a bit interesting and worthwhile to check out later again.

*** As a speciality beer infused with berries, this is okay

Comments