Skip to main content

Anchor ”Our Special Ale” 2012

Head goes away fast. Scent is spicy. I'm a bit scared this is as bad as last years' ”spice jar”. But hey, let's taste this sunny beer with dark, coffeelike colour.

Ohhhh, shit. Spice Jar vol. 2. But hey, this is also interesting. Maybe I'm ”growing up” as a beer taster. I may even find some tastes in here: Coffee, cinnamon, coriander, Garam Masala (yeah, its's not actually a single spice, it's a mixture of shit from India/Asia). It would be nice to find a food that goes with this, though I am a vegetarian, so what's there to be eaten with this spice bomb? Maybe cheese, that is always good. This is kinda bad beer in a way that I don't have huge urge to drink this at all after two sips. But yeah, this is not industrial easy-drinking piss-lager – quite the opposite. Maybe this would also go well with some company. Whisky and such, I mean. Still, I'm not a huge fan of this mess this year either...

** Drinkable
*** OK for a silent night, Yule night
**** Great if you have shortage of spices in your food or some great cheese :)

PS. Another bottle later was actually quite good. This has odd potential to be one of the favorites of this Yule time :P

Comments