Skip to main content

Founders Imperial Stout



Looks like oil, when poured - very thick black shit. Head is dark. Sweetness and burned maltiness comes to nose when sniffed. Taste is like having a very sweet cup of espresso. And that is my problem with these Imperial Stouts. And by these, I mean these burned malty, coffeelike, espresso tasting, bitter dark chocolate tasting Imperial Stouts, that either have or don’t have sweetness. This has, maybe even too much to my taste. I don’t know…I always expect maybe too much and get disappointed for not having another Stone Russian Imperial Stout or Plevna Siperia 2010 Hanniku or this year’s best beer for me this far which was Amager Hr. Frederiksen. Those three mentioned are the TOP3-Imperial Stouts I’ve ever tasted and are easily among the best 10 beers of all time for me. I wasn’t a big fan of this “espresso style” in Nogne O´s Imperial Stout and am not a big fan of this Founders version of sweetened espresso. Still, this is a huge beer and definitely for all beer enthusiasts. And that means very much OK.

*** OK

PS. The TOP3 Imperial Stouts by Jimbo:

Comments